Wearing pants with a loose waist is very frustrating. You walk a few steps and the pants start coming down. It makes you feel very uncomfortable.
If you want to make your pants waist smaller without sewing or visiting a tailor, this article will teach you the best hacks for reducing the size of the pants waist.
How to downsize your pants waist without sewing?
Here we are going to drop the best hacks for making the pants waist smaller without sewing:
1- Heating the pants
Heat is a great tool for reducing the size of the pants waist because it can shrink the waistband of your pants.
For this purpose, you will have to wash your oversized pants in hot water. Here’s how to do it:
- Fill hot water in a bucket, turn your pants inside out, and submerge them in the water for some time.
- After that, you have to dry the pants. Put them in a dryer and set the highest heat settings for drying the jeans. If you don’t have a dryer, you can air-dry too.
- Once the pants have been washed and dried with strong heat, you can try wearing them and this time the waist will fit you perfectly.
2- Boiling the pants
You can also reduce the size of the waist by boiling the pants. This method is very similar to the heating one.
- Take a big saucepan that can fit your pants and fill it with water. Now turn your pants inside out and submerge them completely in the water.
- Put the saucepan on the fire and start boiling the water with your pants inside.
- Once the water has boiled, take the saucepan and put it on the ground carefully.
- Now use a stick to take out your pants, put them in a dryer and dry them at the hottest temperature.
- Wear the pants now and you will get a perfect fit!
But keep in mind that the tightening effect will fade away after some days and you will have to repeat the process every time you wear the pants. This is not a one-time permanent solution.
3- Moving the pants button
You can move your pants button a bit far away to tighten the waist.
- Use a scissor to remove the pants button from its original location.
- Move the buttonhole a bit away from the original location and stop where you feel the waist is perfect for you.
- Now use a thread and needle to sew the pants button at the new point.
This is an easy way to make your pants waist tighter so they better fit you.
4- Use a strong rubber band
A rubber band can help you make the pants waist tighter.
- Wear your loose pants.
- Take a strong rubber band and pass it through the buttonhole of your pants, and tie a knot there.
- Now hook the rubber band around the button of your pants and it will provide you a proper tight fit.
5- Wear a fitting belt
Wearing a fitting belt is one of the easiest ways to tighten the waist of pants without sewing.
You can wear the fitting belt whenever you want the waist to be tighter and remove it when you don’t need it.
It is a flexible and easy option for getting a custom fit.
6- Hook the belt loop
You can take advantage of the belt loop on your pants to tighten the waist without sewing.
- Wear your loose pants like normal.
- Move the belt loop closer to the button on your pants.
- Hook the belt loop over the button and it will tighten up the waist instantly.
It is a quick method that you can use anywhere and anytime.
7- Use safety pins
- Wear your loose pants to see how they fit you.
- Grab both sides of your pants around the waist and see how much extra fabric is present there.
- Mark the excessive fabric without which your waist would be perfectly tight.
- Now take two safety pins and insert them on both sides of the waist to keep the excess fabric out. This way you will get a tight fit.
Safety pins can help you tighten the waist anywhere. However, you will have to wear a long t-shirt that covers your waist otherwise, the safety pins will be visible to everyone and make a bad impression.
8- Use binder clips
Binder clips can tighten your waist without sewing and here’s how:
- Wear your loose pants and close the button.
- Grab the top of your waist and pinch the extra fabric until you get a perfect tight fit.
- Now use a binder clip at that point so it can hold the same tight fit for you.
- Wear a long t-shirt so the binder clip can be hidden from the public.
9- Fold your waist
On some occasions, you don’t have any tools nearby but you have to tighten the waist immediately.
You can achieve it by folding the waist.
Here’s what to do:
- Wear your pants and close the button.
- Now grab both sides of your pants around the waist and pull them up.
- After that, start folding the waist inwards or outwards until you achieve a nice tight and comfortable fit.
This method is very helpful as it requires no tools and you can perform it quickly in emergencies.
10- Wear a leather belt
Just wear your pant and pass the leather belt through the loops of your pants and close it where you feel comfortable.
The benefit of a leather belt is that there is no need to wear long t-shirts to hide the belt. Even if you will wear a short shirt with the waist exposed, the belt will make you look sleek and elegant.
These were the 10 best hacks to make the pants waist smaller without sewing or going to the tailor.
Follow these tips to save your time and money and enjoy wearing your favorite pants comfortably!